Job no: 535400
Work type: Full time
Location: South Australia
What is the role?
Peregrine’s growth journey is just beginning…
Our retail network is rapidly expanding, and we want to partner with a passionate, diligent Procurement professional to join our dynamic organisation and help bring our strategy to life.
Reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer, your new role will be responsible for establishing a procurement function which oversees the procurement of goods and services to deliver cost effective outcomes across the business.
If you have the drive and determination to deliver exceptional results, we want to hear from you!
Who are we?
Peregrine Corporation is a family owned, proudly South Australian business on a rapid growth trajectory. Our excellence in retail operations is recognised at an international level, with high profile Company brands including On The Run (OTR) convenience stores and Smokemart & GiftBox outlets.
Our strategy is to take OTR brand national, growing from our current store base of 160+ locations.
Other high-profile brands within our business include Krispy Kreme, Subway, Oporto, Hungry Jacks and of course, GYG (Guzman y Gomez). Join our team and be part of the success!
Read more about us here:
Your key contributions to our strategy:
- Develop and implement a procurement governance framework
- Identify and pursue savings that can be made through procurement activities
- Establish and maintain an up to date procurement and contracts register which oversees renewal and cessation alerts
- Foster a culture of compliance with procurement processes and systems to minimise exposure to commercial risk
- Oversee the procurement of non-saleable items, contributing to tender specification development and tender appraisal
What skills and experience does our ideal candidate have?
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role within a large multi-faceted business
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a positive attitude
- Outstanding influencing, stakeholder management and change management skills
- Have considerable experience in procurement including commercial modelling, category management, sourcing and contract management
- Be able to develop internal and external stakeholder relationship building
- Strong attention to detail with excellent documentation and record-keeping skills
- Highly motivated, proactive and ability to work on own initiative
- A lateral thinker, with the ability to develop out of the box solutions
What’s in it for you?
Where do we start? What’s important to you? What about this for starters…
- Work with some of the brightest and best minds in Australia
- A rewarding role that will drive and foster a culture of best practice procurement methodology
- Work in our (soon to be finished) renovated offices on the Parade, close to boutique shops and excellent cafés and restaurants
- A proud South Aussie company that is quickly growing nationally
- A fantastic group of colleagues who really do play hard and work harder! And finally:
- A very competitive salary package
Sounds pretty good to us!
If you want to talk us about becoming part of the team, click “apply now” and upload your current CV and Cover letter…. What are you waiting for?
Please note only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Advertised: Cen. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: Cen. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend