Energy Use Manager
Job no: 536998
Work type: Full time
Location: South Australia
The Group spends in excess of $10m per annum on Energy. We are seeking an experienced Energy Use & Sustainability Manager to take responsibility for the management of our group-wide energy usage. Working with a high degree of autonomy and reporting to a Chief Operating Officer, you will analyse existing spend, negotiate new contracts, recommend efficiency and management measures and deliver a program of continuous improvement.
- We don’t want to be wasteful.
- We thrive on being clever at whatever we do and seek an intelligent approach to managing anything material.
- The technology in this space is changing rapidly. We have an appetite to invest capital and participate in initiatives that enhance sustainability and build a better business. We are genuinely progressive.
Who are we?
- Peregrine Corporation is one of the largest private organisations in Australia with over 5000 staff. We are changing the way our guests think about convenience retailing and want to speak to intelligent and curious Energy specialists about joining our proud organisation.
- At OTR, we believe in making our customer's lives easier. We are on an amazing growth trajectory as we take our highly successful business model nationwide growing from our current base 150+ locations.
- Read more about us here:
Best parts of the job:
- Work with some of the brightest and best minds in Australia.
- Be part of a team with a bias to action. We don’t have space for idle hands or minds.
- Working in Norwood – the best office location in Adelaide. We are close to everything.
- Making a difference.
- Being invited to express your intellect or mastery of a subject.
- Contribute to the strategy. If you are good enough, you will end up writing the strategy.
- Participation in a variety of projects on related subjects.
- Working with a great group of colleagues who love what they do!
- A very competitive salary package
8 things you need to succeed at OTR:
Judgement - Exercise sound judgement between choices and display an innate ability to assess risk as well as to understand which ideas have better prospects of success.
Communication - Communication is about a commitment to communicate. It is actively participating and being deliberate about making a choice to keep others informed.
Performance - Performance is over-delivery. It is quality work. It is doing what you say you are going to do and having a track record of actually delivering as a habit (not occasionally).
Curiosity - Curiosity is a natural instinct. You walk past a sign that interests you - do you keep walking, or do you stop, pause, consider and think about it? It is impossible to be bored if you are curious.
Innovation - Innovation is not just about new products; it is about novel or unorthodox solutions to problems that you face. It is about iterating improvements to everything we do. You have an opportunity to simplify as well as create in this business. A bias towards these is crucial.
Courage - Indecision and procrastination are our enemy. Having courage is making a decision and defending it because you have thought it through. A bias to action is our preference.
Empathy - Every business relies on the discretionary effort of its team if it seeks greatness. Having empathy for our front-line staff and your colleagues is the first step to enlisting people’s hearts and not just their time. Fundamentally, you must have in your mind that we all have an obligation to make things easier for one another and for our customers, and never ask of them things that are unreasonable.
Honesty - Honesty is the enabler of trust – we have zero tolerance for dishonesty.
Selflessness - Selflessness is unashamedly putting the organisations interests ahead of your own. It is simply doing the right thing by your team and the organisation and putting those interests first, every time. We are a team and this is no place for lone wolves.
The successful candidate will possess:
- A tertiary qualification in Environmental Sustainability or Electrical Engineering or similar
- A sound knowledge of the principles and practices of energy use
- An excellent understanding of energy procurement
- Ideally 5+ years post graduate industry related experience
- A proven ability to resolve issues and problem solve
- Strong professional knowledge of procurement practices and principles
- The ability to generate effective energy use reports to the Leadership Team
- Excellent written communication skills – if you can’t write a considered quality recommendation, you wont get the autonomy.
If you want to talk us about becoming part of the team, click “apply now” and upload your current CV and Cover letter….
Please note only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Advertised: Cen. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: Cen. Australia Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend